Job no: 0022009
Work type: Continuing
Division/Faculty: Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences
Department/School: Melbourne Veterinary School
Salary: $72,083 - $97,812 (Level A)
Role & Superannuation rate: Academic - Full time - 17% super
The University of Melbourne seeks an enthusiastic, motivated and team-focused Veterinarian to join our team in the Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences at the Melbourne Veterinary School, Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences.
About the role:
This position is responsible for education and training of the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) veterinary students with a particular focus on general practice surgery, that occurs both at the U-Vet Veterinary Hospital at the Melbourne Veterinary School’s Werribee campus and at external partner organisations. Reporting to the Service Head, Small Animal Surgery, the position involves student teaching and supervision in general veterinary practice, particularly in the development of competency in general practice level surgical procedures. The position will also provide guidance to other students and nursing staff. The position will have some administrative responsibilities, which will contribute to the management and development of student general practice learning experience.
The position will be expected work at both an inner-city Melbourne and Werribee locations, however as we are a multi campus faculty there may be a requirement to work at any of our locations.
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science or equivalent veterinary degree.
- Registered to practice as a veterinarian in Victoria (supervised registration or unsupervised registration).
- Demonstrated proficiency and experience in small animal general practice and in a range of common general practice-level surgical techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to provide supervision and guidance to clinical staff and students.
- Ability to undertake individual student supervision and small group teaching.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including a proactive, positive, constructive, empathetic and collegial approach to all aspects of communication.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work under limited supervision and as part of a team, showing initiative, efficiency, enthusiasm and excellent work ethic.
- A postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline such as a Master’s degree or Membership of the ANZCVSc in small animal surgery.
- Experience in teaching and assessing undergraduate or postgraduate veterinary students.
- Experience of developing and delivering clinical skills training.
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to: https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria