Job no: 0036333
Work type: Continuing
Division/Faculty: Chief Operating Officer Portfolio
Department/School: Student and Scholarly Services
Salary: $85,134 - $92,154 (UOM 6)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 17% super
About Student and Scholarly Services
Student and Scholarly Services provides student administration and services from recruitment and point of enquiry to graduation. This team also delivers wellbeing and scholarly services to students and staff.
This position sits in the Teaching and Learning Innovation portfolio of Scholarly Services.
About the role
As the Metadata Team Leader you will join the University of Melbourne Library and utilise your metadata knowledge and experience to develop metadata standards and coordinate team workflows and metadata projects for print and digitised resources.
You will also provide leadership, direction and training to a team of skilled metadata officers.
You are flexible, have excellent organisational skills and the demonstrated ability to lead and work as part of a team, including effective supervision and management of staff. You value working collaboratively and cooperatively across a broad range of tasks.
You will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated ability to show initiative, set objectives, and meet deadlines to produce quality output
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with a range of people including team members, internal stakeholders, and external service providers.
- Advanced understanding of metadata and classification schema within a library environment
- Understanding of library management systems, especially cataloguing functions and batch record processes, and of other systems that may require metadata, such as institutional repositories.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria* found in the Position Description for the role.
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria