Job no: 0051805
Work type: Continuing
Division/Faculty: Chief Operating Officer Portfolio
Department/School: Chief Financial Officer Group
Salary: $132,097 (UOM 10)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 17% super
About the CFO Group
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Group provides financial expertise and leadership to ensure the University remains financially sustainable in the short and long term.
About the role
The Associate Director Finance & Reporting is a highly interactive and visible role that is responsible for the financial management of one or more complex University divisions which are organised into service clusters. Through an embedded business partnering model, you will lead a team of Finance Business partners that support the division to deliver their strategic and operational goals. You will do this by managing financial performance, ensuring financial resources are allocated efficiently and effectively, providing financial insights and decision-making support.
You will develop and maintain business relationships within the cluster and across the broader organisation that promote collaboration and contribute to the delivery of business and financial objectives.
You are an excellent communicator, able to present information in various styles to enhance stakeholder understanding. You have strong time management skills with the demonstrated ability to prioritise, work independently, manage and deliver competing tasks to a high standard.
You will further have:
- Fully qualified Chartered Accountant (CA) or Certified Practising Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA); and
- Graduate or postgraduate qualifications in Finance, Accounting or other relevant discipline, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training.
- Extensive expertise and knowledge of financial management, financial planning and associated processes in complex environments.
- Excellent data visualisation and “story telling” capability to distil complex numbers and findings into meaningful information
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a cover letter (one page) outlining your motivation to apply for this role and describing what skills and experience you will bring to it. Please further attach a current version of your CV.
Please note that you are not expected to provide detailed responses against the selection criteria in the Position Description.