Asialink is a department of the University of Melbourne under the portfolio of Chancellery International.
Asialink is Australia’s leading centre for creative engagement with Asia. It provides insights, develops capabilities and connects people through education, arts, diplomacy and business. Asialink has thirty years of experience working closely with communities in Australia and Asia to enable our collective prosperity and security.
About Asia Education Foundation (AEF)
As part of Asialink, Asia Education Foundation (AEF) provides school leaders, teachers and students with the global perspectives and tools to amplify their intercultural skills and mindsets.
A key focus of AEF is to deliver informative resources, national and international professional learning, innovative programs and rich networks that connect Australian schools with over 20 countries across the Asia-Pacific.
About the role
As Manager, International Education Partnerships you will be responsible for the effective and efficient leadership and management of the International Education Partnerships team at AEF, in both Melbourne and Jakarta. You will focus on pursuing strategic goals and achieving key deliverables for international education programs within a dynamic and evolving environment.
You will direct the implementation and monitoring of a range of significant international programs that service the needs of government, education systems, educators and school communities. These key programs, such as the BRIDGE School Partnerships, involve AEF offshore activities and partners, especially with Indonesia and Pacific nations.
This is a fixed-term opportunity available for 12 months.
You are a leader, with the ability to influence, manage and coordinate others in a complex operating environment. Your excellent communication skills allow you build strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders and clearly convey information in different contexts.
You will further have:
- A postgraduate qualification in a relevant field with international experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or training.
- Demonstrated track record in developing and implementing strategic plans and the achievement of outcomes.
- Excellent financial management skills.
- Proven skills and experience in identifying, targeting and implementing funding and program initiatives to grow organisational reach and impact.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria* found in the Position Description for the role.
**NOTE: Previous applicants need not apply**
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria