Job no: 0051973
Work type: Continuing
Division/Faculty: Melbourne Graduate School of Education
Salary: $105,684 - $114,389 (UOM 8)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 17% super
About the Melbourne Graduate School of Education
The Melbourne Graduate School of Education is a global leader in teaching and education research, offering challenging courses, world-changing research and contemporary learning spaces. The Melbourne Graduate School of Education (MGSE) is a vibrant and exciting place to study and work. Our environment is supportive and student-focussed, and our courses are challenging. Our buildings are designed for graduate education students, offering a range of contemporary learning and social spaces.
About the role
The MSGE is seeking a Manager, Accreditation and Curriculum who will lead a team of professional staff in the delivery of the accreditation and curriculum functions. The role works in close collaboration with the Associate Dean (Learning and Teaching) and other senior academic leaders to ensure MGSE’s course accreditations and endorsements are effectively managed, and all curriculum is of high quality and compliant with the requirements of the University and relevant external bodies.
The Manager, Accreditation and Curriculum role will work collaboratively with academic leaders on accreditation and curriculum matters and with related teams with the Academic Services portfolio to support the objectives of the University’s Advancing Melbourne Strategy and MGSE’s Strategic Plan. In particular, the role works to ensure MGSE courses meet the needs of students and the Education sector, to help our students become well positioned for successful careers.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Provide direction and oversight to the accreditation function, including working with accreditation and funding bodies;
- Lead and oversee the curriculum function and associated approvals processes;
- Drive a comprehensive and holistic approach to course evaluation and review; and
- Lead a team of specialist staff.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme;
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions;
- Working for one of Australia's top Universities;
- Growing your expertise and innovative thinking in an environment that leaves an impact; and
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment.
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your complete application will include your Cover Letter (which includes your address of the selection criteria) and your CV.
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to:
To ensure the University provides a safe environment for children, this position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid Working with Children Check.