Job no: 0051886
Work type: Continuing
Division/Faculty: Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Salary: Senior Manager 1
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 17% super
The primary purpose of this position is to create, deliver and support the leadership of MDHS major initiatives, providing interactions on behalf of The Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry & Health Sciences (MDHS) with government, provide partner relationship support to our Medical Research Institutes and other key stakeholders and, identify, develop and drive strategic projects that enable MDHS to maintain its position as Australia’s leading medical and health faculty.
Key responsibilities being; Leadership, developing trusted partnerships, supporting the international program, driving implementation, Optimizing strategic relationships, planning and driving the major initiatives.
You will possess;
- Demonstrated experience as a leader with Senior management experience in a complex environment with responsibility for major initiative programs, from conceptualisation to project delivery
- Postgraduate qualification or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Strong project management skills, with a demonstrated ability to deliver a variety of complex within agreed schedules and timelines
- Proven ability to deliver results through business strategy, project management and creative vision.
- Demonstrated success working collaboratively with a wide range of colleagues and stakeholders, to develop strong and lasting partnerships both internally and externally, and extend your influence in national and international professional networks
Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
The Faculty employs more than 2,500 members of staff, attracts more than 8,800 students each year and comprises six schools; 37 departments, centres and institutes; and 160 courses. It contributes almost 50 per cent of all research conducted across the University.
The Faculty is Australia’s overall leader in clinical, pre-clinical and health sciences and is ranked 14th globally in 2020 by the Times
Higher Education World University Rankings. In the field of clinical medicine, the Academic Ranking of World Universities ranks the
University of Melbourne as third in Australia and 25th in the world as at 2019. The University educates more health professionals, graduates, research and higher degree students and attracts more national competitive funding than any other Australian university.www.mdhs.unimelb.edu.au
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with a cover letter briefly referencing your relevant experience.