Job no: 0037229
Work type: Continuing
Division/Faculty: Chief Operating Officer Portfolio
Department/School: Legal and Risk
Salary: $93,935 - $101,684 (UOM 7)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 17% super
About Legal and Risk
Legal and Risk delivers high-quality, integrated, expertise-based professional services and advice to facilitate agile decision making and enable external compliance in support of the University’s operations and purpose.
The Information Governance Services team administers key elements of the University’s regulatory framework and is overall responsible for ensuring good information governance practices are embedded in behaviours, systems and processes across the University.
About the role
As the Records & Information Analyst, you will provide expert consulting, implementation, compliance assessment and advice services about records and information standards, processes and system deployment strategies. You will support the development and promulgation of tools to support records and information compliance. Further, you will promote a compliance-by-design philosophy and proactively create or contribute to University compliance frameworks for information, data and records. You will take ownership of developing and nurturing effective working relationships with Academic Divisions and within Chancellery to ensure high quality and responsive service delivery.
Utilising your effective organisational skills, you have the ability to be flexible and thrive under pressure by managing competing demands and prioritising your workload. You are a proactive individual with an aptitude for taking initiative.
You will further have:
- A postgraduate qualification and extensive experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education and training in a relevant area.
- Demonstrated ability to provide advice and training about records and information management standards, policies, systems and practice based on expert knowledge of the field and external regulatory frameworks.
- Business analysis and process mapping skills and a demonstrated ability to streamline and simplify complex methods or concepts.
- Highly effective stakeholder engagement skills, with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships and act with diplomacy and discretion when dealing with sensitive and confidential issues.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated capacity to develop high-quality written materials and develop and deliver presentations for large audiences.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria* found in the Position Description for the role.
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria