Job no: 0052055
Work type: Continuing
Division/Faculty: Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Salary: $132,097 (UOM 10)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 17% super
The role reports to the Director, Resources and Planning and works closely with the Director of Advancement and the Deputy Dean, Heads of School and academic and administrative Leads facilitating pre-gift planning, post gift implementation and strategic funding application.
The incumbent will be expected to refine and improve the role including the development of documentation and influencing business process owners to implement change that brings about improvement in the stewardship of gifts and outcomes of strategic funding.
Your objective is to ensure you are creating new and maintaining existing positive relationships with philanthropic partners through timely, efficient and effective implementation of gifts, while overseeing the allocation, documentation and funding control of faculty strategic programs.
You will possess;
- Membership of an appropriate professional body and postgraduate studies in a relevant discipline with proven expertise and extensive relevant experience in a senior role; or combination of relevant education and experience
- Strong knowledge of philanthropic pursuits
- Demonstrated capacity to think and plan strategically and to provide financial strategic planning, analytics, reporting and advice
- Demonstrated broad experience in the preparation and monitoring of plans, budgets and financial controls, including effective modelling of the impact of business and workforce activities, and the communication of financial matters in a complex organisational environment
- Demonstrated commitment to high quality client service and continuous improvement
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving and a capacity for flexibility, agility and innovation, while maintaining commitment to achieving outcomes
Desirable but not essential;
- An understanding of Higher Education and Research environments.
About the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
The Faculty employs more than 2,500 members of staff, attracts more than 8,800 students each year and comprises six schools; 37 departments, centres and institutes; and 160 courses. It contributes almost 50 per cent of all research conducted across the University.
The Faculty is Australia’s overall leader in clinical, pre-clinical and health sciences and is ranked 14th globally in 2020 by the Times
Higher Education World University Rankings. In the field of clinical medicine, the Academic Ranking of World Universities ranks the
University of Melbourne as third in Australia and 25th in the world as at 2019. The University educates more health professionals, graduates, research and higher degree students and attracts more national competitive funding than any other Australian university.www.mdhs.unimelb.edu.au
We offer a number of employee benefits to maximise your work life at University of Melbourne (UOM). Some of the benefits on offer are; a salary packaging scheme, flexible family friendly policies - providing generous leave and working conditions. An opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment with substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at UOM
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with a cover letter briefly referencing your relevant experience.