Job no: 0046820
Work type: Fixed Term
Division/Faculty: Chief Operating Officer Portfolio
Department/School: Student and Scholarly Services
Salary: $73,396 - $84,303 (UOM 5)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 9.5% super
Be part of our frontline Student Services Team
The University of Melbourne is looking for customer experience superstars to join our busy frontline student services teams within Stop 1, our home for services for all students.
Are you an efficient communicator with a passion for problem solving? Do you thrive in a fast-paced and people-centred environment? Can you manage complex activities concurrently and pride yourself on delivering an excellent customer experience? Then our dynamic and collaborative Student Services Team is a great opportunity to kick-start your career at the University of Melbourne!
Stop 1 is the University of Melbourne’s primary student services centre. Our frontline team provides a range of information, guidance and advice for all coursework students, from general admin and enrolment enquiries to complex course planning and referrals to specialist services. Services are delivered in person, via online enquiries and over the phone.
We consider our staff to be our greatest asset and the future talent for the University of Melbourne. Extensive training and support are provided, as well as excellent conditions and benefits.
ABOUT OUR ROLE
As a Student Adviser in the Course Planning team, you will guide and advise students across all courses. This may include general assistance on managing enrolment, structuring their degrees, choosing majors and subjects, discovering graduate pathways and opportunities to study overseas. Advice is provided in-person, telephone, via online enquiries and at events. You will join a high performing team with a collaborative culture, and a passion for problem solving. Your role will connect you to professional and academic colleagues across the University.
To be success for in the role, you will:
- Have completed or are progressing towards an undergraduate qualification in a relevant discipline, and/or equivalent mix of education and relevant experience
- Be a team player, who thrives on providing excellent services and advice to students coming from diverse backgrounds.
- Have a talent for problem solving and a strong ability to navigate systems, processes and resources.
- Our services are in high demand, specifically during our ‘peak periods’ (February- March, July- August, November-December), so you will be the sort of person who is most energised when busy, flexible and willing to undertake a range of tasks.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to demonstrate experience in using judgement to resolve complex enquiries or situations, and experience delivering or contributing to process improvement and refinement.
We encourage applicants from a range of backgrounds. University experience is preferred but not essential to succeed in this role.
ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION
Your application submitted should include a CV along with a cover letter and your responses against the key selection criteria* found in the attached Candidate Pack on page 6.
The further selection process will include a pre-recorded video interview and a panel interview.
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
We look forward to connecting with you!