Job no: 0051931
Work type: Continuing
Division/Faculty: Chief Operating Officer Portfolio
Department/School: Chief Financial Officer Group
Salary: $105,684 - $114,389 (UOM 8)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 17% super
In 2021, The University of Melbourne has embarked on the Professional Services Redesign (PSR) to enable services improvement and more effective ways of working. This opportunity has been newly created as part of the PSR.
About the CFO Group
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Group provides financial expertise and leadership to ensure the University remains financially sustainable in the short and long term.
About the role
As Business Analyst, Initiatives you will uphold the perspective of the CFO group while serving the University objectives through supporting the functional and University initiatives. You will drive solutions in enabling the University’s strategy, vision and objectives.
You will provide:
- Insights, analysis and advice on University’s opportunities and initiatives across the University.
- Look to leverage the University’s financial strengths, address its financial weaknesses and explore opportunities or identify risks through scenario analysis, feasibility studies and other analysis which reflect business needs.
- Support and contribute to the delivery of projects to enable continuous improvement; and
- Provide expert technical and analytical input to initiatives from a financial and commercial perspective
You will be proactive and driven with a demonstrated track record of success in developing, implementing and monitoring Organisational performance. Your excellent communication and interpersonal skills allow you build effective, collaborative working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
You will further have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline and/or membership of a professional accounting body (ACCA, CA ANZ, CPA or equivalent) with proven and relevant experience in a similar role within a large and complex organisation; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Ability to perform multiple activities relating to financial sustainability and objectives
- Demonstrated capacity to think and plan strategically and to provide business planning, analytics, reporting and advice in a large complex organisation.
- Very well-developed skills in analytical research, problem solving and conceptual skills including modelling, scenario and sensitivity analysis, and data acquisition and manipulation.
- Demonstrated capacity for flexibility, agility and innovation, while maintaining commitment to achieving outcomes.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a cover letter (one page) outlining your motivation to apply for this role and describing what skills and experience you will bring to it. Please further attach a current version of your CV.
Please note that you are not expected to provide detailed responses against the selection criteria in the Position Description.
Staff in the redeployment pool will be considered for this role in the first instance where appropriate.