About Chancellery at The University of Melbourne
The Chancellery is led by the Vice-Chancellor and has a University-wide focus on:
- delivering strategic leadership
- allocating capital according to strategic priorities
- developing and overseeing a business framework that includes appropriate financial and other organisational planning and controls
- ensuring identity or brand is consistent with strategic intent and purpose, and
- overseeing policies and initiatives that develop the academic and professional expertise of University staff members.
About the role
As Administrative Officer, you will be responsible for contributing to the efficient flow of all correspondence to and from the Vice-Chancellor by providing administrative support in a concise, accurate and timely manner. You will work with the Correspondence Team to secure outcomes for active matters delegated to members of the Senior Executive and their support staff, and ensures compliance with the University’s information management policies through accurate use of the document management system.
You will have a high degree of diplomacy, tact and discretion and the proven ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential and appropriate manner. You will further enjoy working as part of a collaborative team and bring flexibility, enthusiasm and a high level of initiative.
You will further have:
- completed a relevant tertiary qualification with subsequent experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the proven ability to draft correspondence and prepare high quality documentation, and the capacity and confidence to deal with a diverse range of clients at all levels in the public and private sector, and within the University
- Well-developed professional administrative and organisational skills including the ability to co-ordinate workflows, determine priorities, meet deadlines and effectively balance competing demands within a high-pressure environment
- Strong organisational skills with demonstrated ability to prioritise a range of tasks, manage time effectively and schedule work to meet deadlines
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria* found in the Position Description for the role.
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria