Job no: 0033860
Work type: Continuing
Division/Faculty: Chief Operating Officer Portfolio
Department/School: Chief Financial Officer Group
Salary: Senior Manager 1
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 17% super
About Chief Finance Officer Group at The University of Melbourne
The Finance team's core objective is to advance University strategy through financial leadership and innovation, strategic sourcing and contracting.
About the role
As Associate Director - Financial Accounting, you will act as a key support to the Director of Financial Accounting and Budgeting and CFO. Your role is to ensure an effective internal financial control environment, manage and ensure compliance with external financial reporting requirements, and to provide advice and guidance regarding financial accounting matters to enable University leadership to make sound business decisions.
You will have a high degree of technical expertise including demonstrated experience in providing stakeholders with technical accounting advice on significant or complex transactions. Your excellent communication skills will allow you to engage and influence across a wide range of stakeholders and to hold presentations to groups of varying sizes.
You will further have:
- Postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience; and
- Fully qualified Chartered Accountant (CA) or Certified Practising Accountant (CPA); or
- An equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Management experience in a similar role in a similar size organisation working with a high degree of autonomy.
- Proven ability to manage preparation of financial statements and associated external audit.
- Extensive knowledge and proven ability to apply and interpret Australian Accounting Standards and other regulatory requirements.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a cover letter (one page) outlining your motivation to apply for this role and describing what skills and experience you will bring to it. Please further attach a current version of your CV.
Please note that you are not expected to provide detailed responses against the selection criteria in the Position Description.