Job no: 0033861
Work type: Fixed Term
Division/Faculty: Chief Operating Officer Portfolio
Department/School: Chief Financial Officer Group
Salary: $123,292 - $128,275 (UOM 9)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 9.5% super
About the CFO Group
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Group provides financial expertise and leadership to ensure the University remains financially sustainable in the short and long term.
About the role
As Senior Financial Accountant, you will be responsible for compliance with accounting requirements, providing technical accounting advice for new transactions and continuous improvement of the financial accounting function across the University while developing strong working relationships. You will further be responsible for providing guidance, mentoring and day to day management of the Technical Accountant in the team.
You will take ownership of tasks, identify solutions and propose a plan to remedy problems encountered. You will have a strong eye for continuous improvement opportunities to create and strengthen efficiencies in relation to major finance related policies, objectives and strategies.
You will further have:
- Fully qualified Chartered Accountant (CA) or Certified Practising Accountant (CPA); and
- Postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience; or
- An equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the application and interpretation of Australian Accounting Standards and other regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in providing stakeholders technical accounting advice on transactions.
- Proven ability to prepare streamlined financial statements and associated external audit.
- The ability to influence through inspiring, developing and motivating others to drive performance and outcomes
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a cover letter (one page) outlining your motivation to apply for this role and describing what skills and experience you will bring to it. Please further attach a current version of your CV.
Please note that you are not expected to provide detailed responses against the selection criteria in the Position Description.