Salary: $105,232 - $124,958 p.a. (Level B) or $128,903 - $148,630 p.a. (Level C)
The University of Melbourne is consistently ranked among the leading universities in the world, we are globally engaged; comprehensive; research-intensive; and committed to responding to the major challenges of our time.
The Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology (FEIT) is strongly committed to supporting diversity and flexibility in the workplace. Improving the representation of women is necessary in our goal to innovate and to strengthen FEIT’s reputation as a best-in-class centre of research.
About the School of Computing and Information Systems (CIS) We are international research leaders with a focus on delivering impact and making a real difference in three key areas: data and knowledge, platforms and systems, and people and organisations.
At the School of Computing and Information Systems, you'll find curious people, big problems, and plenty of chances to create a real difference in the world.
About the role:
- A great opportunity for talented academics with expertise in Information Systems or related fields. This is a continuing position in the School of Computing and Information Systems (CIS), where you will join a world-class information systems research group, and will have opportunity to interact closely with internationally respected groups across digital innovation, digital health, business analytics and decision-making, security & privacy, information technology, engineering, law, medicine, and beyond.
- In this role you will also contribute to CIS teaching in information systems and related roles. You will teach into programs including the Master of Information Systems, the Master of Business Analytics (joint with the Melbourne Business School), the Master of Applied Analytics, and other graduate, undergraduate and professional development programs, and take on administrative roles commensurate with the position.
You will be an aspiring leader in Information Systems, with ambition to publish in high-quality journals (especially the Basket of Eight and IS, TKDE, TSE, TOSEM, CSUR, TMIS) and conferences across information systems (typified by ECIS, ICIS, HICSS, PACIS, CAiSE, BPM, ICPM), mentor research students, and secure independent grant funding to support a program of research, in collaboration with colleagues in the School.
Naturally you will be capable of demonstrating your prior record of achievement in the following:
- A relevant research track record as evidenced by research publications in relevant high-quality conferences or journals, especially related to the research strengths of the Information Systems group:
- Business analytics and decision making
- Business process management/process mining
- Digital health
- Digital Innovation
- Cybersecurity management
- IS design and development
- Capacity to teach effectively across a range of subjects in information systems and information technology, including the capacity to develop and deliver seminars and lectures and contribute to other teaching activities;
- Potential to achieve the highest levels of scholarship;
- Ability to work as part of a team, and build rapport with all levels of staff within a diverse work environment;
Additionally, it would be desirable (but not necessary) if you if you also had experience in relation to any of the following:
- Experience in obtaining competitive research funding, either individually or as part of a team.
- Experience in innovative teaching delivery including online and dual delivery modes.
You will be supported to pursue achievement in all four pillars of an academic career:
- Teaching and Learning
- Service and Leadership
What we offer you
We offer flexibility, whatever that may mean for you. Many of our benefit programs and onsite amenities are aimed at supporting you - including generous leave, child care subsidies, discounted parking, medical and health care. We offer extensive opportunities for personal and professional development, and we’ll support you in doing what you love.
We seek to increase the diversity of our workforce and the representation of all members of our community that have been traditionally under-represented.
If you’re curious, motivated and ready to undertake a meaningful and rewarding role we’re ready to meet you.
How to Apply
Apply online, complete the application, and upload your Cover Letter and Resume.
While we review your application, get to know us by visiting: