Job no: 0052300
Work type: Fixed Term
Division/Faculty: Vice-Chancellor's Office
Department/School: Strategy and Culture
Salary: $123,292 - $128,275 (UOM 9)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 9.5% super
The Chancellery is led by the Vice-Chancellor and has a University-wide focus on:
- delivering strategic leadership
- allocating capital according to strategic priorities
- developing and overseeing a business framework that includes appropriate financial and other organisational planning and controls
- ensuring identity or brand is consistent with strategic intent and purpose, and
- overseeing policies and initiatives that develop the academic and professional expertise of University staff members
The Strategy and Culture portfolio includes six teams:
- University Governance
- Strategy, Planning and Performance
- Policy and Government Relations
- Community and Cultural Partnerships
- Marketing and Communications
- HR and OHS
About the role
As the Senior Advisor (Gender Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Strategy) you will lead strategic planning, implementation, monitoring and coordination of activities to build gender equity at the University of Melbourne.
To be effective in this role, strong skills in communication, collaboration, discretion and flexibility will be critical. You will also have strong project management, stakeholder engagement and problem-solving skills in a responsive and dynamic team environment.
You will further have:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline and/or equivalent mix of education and relevant experience.
- Subject matter expertise in gender equity derived through work experience, education and research.
- Demonstrated success developing and implementing gender equity strategy, action plans and initiatives in complex institutional settings.
- Demonstrated capacity to frame complex challenges and pose solutions that improve outcomes and are aligned to organisational priorities.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria* found in the Position Description for the role.
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria