Job no: 0052443
Work type: Fixed Term
Division/Faculty: Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Department/School: School of Biomedical Sciences
Salary: $107,547 - $127,707 (Level B)
Role & Superannuation rate: Academic - Full time - 9.5% super
This research fellow position will have a particular focus on comprehensive data analysis, literature, and stakeholder engagement as part of MDUs involvement in the Doherty Institute Innovative Testing Program in partnership with VIDRL and the Victorian Department of Health (DH). The incumbent will also contribute to translational research activities in the diagnostic and genomic areas, focussing on the ongoing public health response to COVID-19.
Key responsibilities include:
- Independently plan and carry out systematic literature reviews on research program areas of MDU including COVID-19 innovative tests, diagnostic tests and pathogen genomics.
- Develop a systematic approach for the collection, recording and analysis of data collected from literature, published and unpublished sources and media.
- Develop effective timelines and milestones based on goals of the research program
- Contribute to briefings with key stakeholders including manufacturers, government, national committees, and subject matter expects as required to inform and report on findings where relevant.
- Assist other researchers in the drafting of research papers in order to work as a team and further MDUs research output
- Contribute towards the development and coordination of reports, presentations and associated research papers related to the activities undertaken in this role, including but not limited to implementation, surveillance, and evaluation activities.
- Perform other duties as requested by the appointee’s immediate supervisors consistent with responsibilities of a senior research position.