Job no: 0052491
Work type: Fixed Term
Division/Faculty: Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Department/School: School of Biomedical Sciences
Salary: $75,289 - $102,163 (Level A)
Role & Superannuation rate: Academic - Full time - 9.5% super
About the role:
The Research Fellow will focus on translational research and implementation of pathogen identification from clinical and public health samples. Bioinformatic approaches and the development of a research program in computational and statistical analysis of datasets from metagenomic next generation sequencing will be applied to the diagnosis of infectious diseases. Key requirements of the role are to collaborate with researchers and clinicians and conduct analysis of high dimensional datasets from high throughput sequencing projects.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
• PhD in bioinformatics, genomics, computer sciences or equivalent field
Skills and Experience required to fulfil the position:
• Demonstrated understanding of bioinformatics tools, methods, data analyses, data management and analysis platforms.
• Experience in running bioinformatics workflows on high performance computing clusters
• Experience in computational and statistical analysis of genomic datasets
• Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a research team and interact in a courteous and effective manner with academic, administrative and support staff