Job no: 0038468
Work type: Fixed Term
Division/Faculty: Vice-Chancellor's Office
Salary: $126,004 - $131,097 (UOM 9)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 9.5% super
Asialink is Australia’s centre for creative engagement with Asia. It provides insights, develops capabilities and connects people through education, arts, diplomacy and business. Asialink has thirty years of experience working closely with communities in Australia and Asia to enable our collective prosperity and security.
Asialink Business is the National Centre for Asia Capability, established with a mandate from the Australian Government to create an Asia-capable workforce. Asialink Business is part of Asialink, a department of the University of Melbourne under the portfolio of Chancellery International.
About the role
As Manager, Advisory & Insights, you will lead teams delivering client advisory services focused on conducting business in Asia (market entry and expansion strategy) and developing public thought leadership reports. You will manage end-to-end project delivery, including planning and scoping out projects with clients and leading the execution of client deliverables. You will work in conjunction with the Director and Associate Director.
To succeed as the Manager, you will have excellent applied research skills, a deep and genuine interest in Asia, a commitment to client service, and agility to work across a number of topics at once, often in a project management capacity.
You will further have:
- A tertiary degree in fields such as commerce, economics, Asian studies, public policy, marketing, international relations or other relevant qualification
- Experience in provision of advisory services (management consulting, legal, accounting) or a commercial role with strategy, research or advisory responsibilities
- Well-developed project management skills, developed through managing small to medium projects or managing streams in large projects
- Experience developing and coaching team members
- Excellent research, writing and editing skills, including quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, including experience engaging with business and / or government stakeholders and clients.
Other desirable attributes candidates will have are:
- A competency in an Asian language, with a preference for Mandarin, Indonesian, Hindi or Vietnamese
- Experience in supporting clients in provision of Asia market entry advisory services.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria* found in the Position Description for the role.
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria