Job no: 0052518
Work type: Continuing
Division/Faculty: Chief Operating Officer Portfolio
Department/School: Business Services
Salary: $96,002 - $103,921 (UOM 7)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 17% super
About Business Services
Business Services provides a full range of class leading information technology, facilities management, finance, HR and health and safety services to all operating entities of the University.
About the role
As Engineer you will ensure the functionality and currency of the existing/new systems and associated infrastructure are maintained, developed and promoted to facilitate delivery of quality outcomes in line with Business Unit and division objectives. You will support project and operational teams by providing technical support and expertise throughout the lifecycle of projects and systems.
Your strong breadth of experience in a technology services group within a large complex organization and multi-sourced services environment will allow you to succeed in this role. You will also have an Industry-based certification relevant to the Linux technical domain such as RHCSA, LPIC-1 or equivalent certification.
You will further have:
- Tertiary qualification in Information Technology or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training.
- Excellent interpersonal competencies in the areas of stakeholder management and influence, innovation and continuous improvement, communications, teamwork and business acumen.
- Experience of working in cross functional teams, virtual teams, agile delivery environments and experience working as or with Technical Service Owners, Product Owners and Product Managers.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a cover letter (one page) outlining your motivation to apply for this role and describing what skills and experience you will bring to it. Please further attach a current version of your CV.
Please note that you are not expected to provide detailed responses against the selection criteria in the Position Description.