Job no: 0052575
Work type: Fixed Term
Division/Faculty: Chief Operating Officer Portfolio
Department/School: Research, Innovation and Commercialisation
Salary: $96,002 - $103,921 (UOM 7)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 17% super
About Research, Innovation and Commercialisation
RIC is a specialist team dedicated to enabling the University's research and enterprise mission working closely with our academics, professional colleagues, industry partners, funding agencies and government agencies.
About the role
As the Business Development Associate, you will be responsible for providing support to the commercial processes including business development, client relations, report writing, proposal preparation and provision of appropriate collateral to external clients. You will also be responsible for coordinating the documentation and support system required for securing industry agreements.
You will have a background in a business development, preferably in professional education or related fields. You will have the ability to develop productive and collaborative working relationships and the ability to develop a thorough understanding of the University of Melbourne’s policies and procedures as they relate to the activities associated with the role.
You will further have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications/education/training and/or demonstrated experience and expertise in the delivery of commercially focused services within a complex organisation (tertiary education or online sector desirable).
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve, take initiative, set priorities whilst manage time effectively and deliver resources within required timeframes, particularly in the context of multiple changing tasks;
- Excellent communication, planning, time-management, organisational and problem-solving skills, and the ability to manage multiple stakeholders, projects and deadlines;
- Previous contributions to the development of commercial proposals, budgets and contract requirements
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria* found in the Position Description for the role.
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria