Job no: 0044477
Work type: Continuing
Division/Faculty: Chief Operating Officer Portfolio
Department/School: Legal and Risk
Salary: $96,002 - $103,921 (UOM 7)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 17% super
About Legal and Risk
Legal and Risk delivers high-quality, integrated, expertise-based professional services and advice to facilitate agile decision making and enable external compliance in support of the University’s operations and purpose.
About the role
As the Compliance Coordinator you will provide comprehensive, high-quality and proactive advice and support on appropriate compliance frameworks and matters for the whole University and its stakeholders. You will be responsible for proactively understanding the University’s legal and compliance obligations and advising University stakeholders (with support from Legal Services where necessary) on changes to existing requirements and/or new requirements.
Your excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain positive stakeholder relationships through effective communication and collaboration within a large organisation will allow you to succeed in this role. You will also have experience with interpreting and applying a wide range of legislation and obligations in a complex organisational context and ability to communicate and advise stakeholders on new or emerging situations.
You will further have:
- A relevant tertiary degree or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training. A qualification or experience in training design and development would be highly regarded.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate clearly complex and/or technical matters to a variety of different audiences.
- Knowledge and understanding of compliance, compliance training and regulatory frameworks.
- Ability to design and develop training content on a range of compliance and risk topics for a variety of audiences.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria* found in the Position Description for the role.
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria