Job no: 0051326
Work type: Fixed Term
Division/Faculty: Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Department/School: Melbourne School of Population and Global Health
Salary: $131,739 - $151,900 (Level C)
Role & Superannuation rate: Academic - Full time - 17% super
The Cancer Health Services Research (CHSR) group is a research group embedded in the University of Melbourne Centre for Cancer Research and the Melbourne School of Population and Global Health (MSPGH) of the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences (MDHS). CHSR is global, collaborative and leads large programs of research with an emphasis on real-world evidence development, economic modelling and data analysis in cancer treatment.
About the role:
The Senior Research Fellow will provide health economics expertise to a large multi-national collaboration; whereby you will explore:
(1) the health systems impact of using Whole-Genome and Whole-Transcriptome Sequencing in selected cancers, particularly blood cancers and
(2) the health economics of circulating tumor makers, or liquid biopsies, to improve cancer management.
Results of the work carried out will support new approaches to implement and reimburse cancer genomics, including mechanisms for value-based payment.
In addition to the opportunity of being involved in this innovative and high profile work with expert collaborators, you will also have the opportunity to develop an additional program of work with competitive grant funding, be involved in PhD and student supervision and progress an academic career in this space.
You will have postgraduate qualifications in health economics, operations research, or finance with demonstrated expertise using quantitative research methods.
Your interpersonal skills will enable a high level of engagement with a team of multi-disciplinary experts in collaborations.
Your leadership skills and style will be conducive to representing health economics for the group with collaborators; as well as supervising students and supporting multi-disciplinary colleagues.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a progressive and international team with strong connectivity to a diverse group of expert collaborators
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits