Job no: 0051843
Work type: Continuing
Division/Faculty: Chief Operating Officer Portfolio
Department/School: Research, Innovation and Commercialisation
Salary: $108,009 - $116,906 (UOM 8)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 17% super
About Research Innovation and Commercialisation
RIC is a specialist team dedicated to enabling the University's research and enterprise mission working closely with our academics, professional colleagues, industry partners, funding agencies and government agencies. We have a passion to see our academics and their collaboration partners succeed, achieve research excellence and translate their discoveries into real-world innovation and impact. RIC operates University-wide across all ten Faculties and Chancellery.
About the role
As the Senior Project Officer – Research and Enterprise Initiatives, you will work collaboratively with senior University stakeholders to support the identification, establishment, growth and management of University-wide strategic partnerships. You will further support securing funding and enabling greatest delivery of impact for Chancellery-prioritised missions.
In this diverse role, your responsibilities will likely vary on a day to day basis and across the various strategic partnerships and initiatives. You may be involved in the overall coordination and/or management of partnership relationships and activities, internal and external stakeholder management, market analysis and internal capability mapping.
You responsibilities will further include providing operational and strategic support for enterprise-wide business development activities and missions, including:
- Support for the Associate Director, Strategic Partnerships in identifying, securing and developing new major strategic partnerships, through the Strategic Partnership Framework (SPF),
- Support for the Senior Project Manager, Missions, in the enablement of new missions, including impact planning, development of the funding and partnering strategies, facilitation of multidisciplinary engagement, and securing funding.
- Support for whole-of-Uni and/or Chancellery-prioritised enterprise business development, external engagement and impact-directed initiatives.
Your excellent planning, organisational and problem solving skills allow you to simultaneously manage multiple projects and deadlines. You have strong analytical and financial management skills with demonstrated project budgeting experience.
You will further have:
- Relevant post graduate qualifications and subsequent relevant industry consulting or project management experience within a complex organisation (tertiary education sector desirable), or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training.
- Demonstrated project management experience, incorporating project scoping, planning, budgeting and management, as well as the use of project management systems and databases (including client relationship management tools).
- Experience in the coordination and/or facilitation of workshops for project scoping and planning, as well as coordinating or leading the development of major opportunities, grants or proposals, involving multiple contributors and stakeholders.
- The ability to engage responsively and effectively with stakeholders to provide strategic advice.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a cover letter (one page) outlining your motivation to apply for this role and describing what skills and experience you will bring to it. Please further attach a current version of your CV.
Please note that you are not expected to provide detailed responses against the selection criteria in the Position Description.
Please note: Previous candidates need not apply.
Staff in the redeployment pool will be considered for this role in the first instance where appropriate.