Job no: 0056764
Role type: Full time; Fixed-term until August 2023
Faculty: Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Department/School: The Peter Doherty Institute for Infection and Immunity
Salary: UOM 6 – $89,182 – $96,536 p.a. plus 17% super
The University of Melbourne would like to acknowledge and pay respect to the Traditional Owners of the lands upon which our campuses are situated, the Wurundjeri and Boon Wurrung Peoples, the Yorta Yorta Nation, the Dja Dja Wurrung People. We acknowledge that the land on which we meet and learn was the place of age-old ceremonies, of celebration, initiation and renewal, and that the local Aboriginal Peoples have had and continue to have a unique role in the life of these lands.
About the Peter Doherty Institute for Infection and Immunity
Finding solutions to prevent, treat and cure infectious diseases and understanding the complexities of microbes and the immune system requires innovative approaches and concentrated effort. This is why The University of Melbourne – a world leader in education, teaching and research excellence – and The Royal Melbourne Hospital – an internationally renowned institution providing outstanding care, research and learning – have partnered to create the Peter Doherty Institute for Infection and Immunity (Doherty Institute); a centre of excellence where leading scientists and clinicians collaborate to improve human health globally.
About the Role
Reporting to the Senior Communications and Media Officer, this role is responsible for assisting with implementing the communications strategy for the Doherty Institute. The goals are to ensure the Institute receives regular exposure and recognition for its research, clinical teaching, and training endeavours; and to facilitate cooperation and communications with the Institute’s stakeholders.
- Supporting the Senior Communications and Media Officer in the design and delivery of internal and external communications, content and media plans
- Working closely with scientists, clinicians, and other staff at all levels of the Institute to identify proactive communications and media opportunities, assisting them to translate their projects into interesting and consumable stories
- Effectively and strategically managing proactive and reactive media enquiries
- Developing internal and external communications materials,
You will be an experienced communications professional with excellent time management skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to achieve high-quality outcomes. You will be able to utilise your high-level verbal and written communication skills to build, establish and maintain relationships and manage multiple stakeholders. You will be able to observe priorities, instructions, and meeting deadlines whilst managing multiple tasks.
You will also have:
- Completion of a marketing or communications-relevant degree, (or completion of a diploma qualification and subsequent relevant work experience) or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Demonstrated experience supporting the implementation and delivery of communications initiatives
- Ability to work to a high ethical standard ensuring professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
About the University
The University of Melbourne is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and be part of vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements, generous personal, parental and cultural leave
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging and leave loading
- Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services including Myki cards and Qantas Club
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To find out more, visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits.
We value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community and encourage and celebrate diversity. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, females, people of all ages, with disabilities and culturally and linguistically diverse people are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the community in which we live.
If you feel this role is right for you, please apply with your CV and cover letter outlining your interest and experience. Please note that you are not required to provide responses against the selection criteria in the Position Description.
We are dedicated to ensuring barrier free and inclusive practices to recruit the most talented candidates. If you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.