Job no: 0056800
Role type: Full-time; Continuing
Faculty: Faculty of Fine Arts and Music
Department/School: Victorian College of the Arts
Salary: Level B – $110,236 – $130,900 p.a. plus 17% super
Only Indigenous Australians are eligible to apply as this position is exempt under the Special Measure Provision, Section 12 (1) of the Equal Opportunity Act 2011 (Vic).
The University of Melbourne would like to acknowledge and pay respect to the Traditional Owners of the lands upon which our campuses are situated, the Wurundjeri and Boon Wurrung Peoples, the Yorta Yorta Nation, the Dja Dja Wurrung People. We acknowledge that the land on which we meet and learn was the place of age-old ceremonies, celebration, initiation, and renewal and that the local Aboriginal Peoples have had and continue to have a unique role in the life of these lands.
About Faculty of Fine Arts and Music
The Faculty of Fine Arts and Music at the University of Melbourne is home to the Victorian College of the Arts and the Melbourne Conservatorium of Music. Long recognised as one of the leading providers of fine arts and music education in Australia, the Faculty has an ambitious plan to grow its global profile.
About the Role
The Lecturer in Indigenous Arts and Culture is an early career teaching and research position that contributes to the area of Indigenous arts and culture within the Faculty of Fine Arts and Music, with a particular focus on delivering and building curriculum and teaching support for courses offered through the Wilin Centre for Indigenous Arts and Culture.
- Contributing to the development of the Indigenous curriculum at undergraduate and graduate levels
- Undertaking course design including the relevant course approvals in accordance with the Wilin Academic plan
- Conducting and producing outputs in areas of research expertise
You will be an enthusiastic teacher with experience in Indigenous Arts and Culture and experience delivering a range of Cross-Cultural subject areas. You will have outstanding interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with staff at various levels.
You will also have:
- Demonstrated excellence in building and enhancing coursework and teaching within and across several areas of expertise in the Arts
- A strong commitment to the importance of teaching at all levels and to innovation in curriculum design and teaching methods
- You are committed to the highest standards of teaching, research, and ethical integrity.
To ensure the University continues to provide a safe environment for everyone, this position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid Working with Children Check.
Please note: To be considered for this role you must have current valid work rights for Australia.
About the University
The University of Melbourne is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of a vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements, generous personal, parental and cultural leave
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging and leave loading
- Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services including Myki cards and Qantas Club
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To find out more, visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits.
We value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community and encourage and celebrate diversity. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, females, people of all ages, with disabilities and culturally and linguistically diverse people are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the community in which we live.
If you feel this role is right for you, please submit your application including a brief cover letter and your resume. Please note, for this role, you ARE NOT required to respond to the selection criteria.
We are dedicated to ensuring barrier-free and inclusive practices to recruit the most talented candidates. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.