Job no: 0057727
Role type: Part time (0.6 FTE); Fixed-term for 2 years
Faculty: Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Department/School: Department of Optometry and Vision Sciences
Salary: UOM 4 – $71,099 – $75,458 p.a. (pro-rata for part-time) plus 17% super
The University of Melbourne would like to acknowledge and pay respect to the Traditional Owners of the lands upon which our campuses are situated, the Wurundjeri and Boon Wurrung Peoples, the Yorta Yorta Nation, the Dja Dja Wurrung People. We acknowledge that the land on which we meet and learn was the place of age-old ceremonies, of celebration, initiation and renewal, and that the local Aboriginal Peoples have had and continue to have a unique role in the life of these lands.
About - Department of Optometry and Vision Sciences
The Department of Optometry and Vision Sciences educates future optometrists, performs internationally recognised vision science research, and contributes widely to the advancement of optometry as an essential health care discipline.
This role is funded by A/Prof Lauren Ayton, and will be entirely focused on research responsibilities, with no teaching requirements.
About the Role
The VENTURE Study Data Coordinator is a part- time role, ideally 0.6FTE (negotiable for the right candidate). The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating patient referrals, reports, genetic testing ordering and stakeholder enquiries. The role will work closely with our clinical team, who perform participant clinical assessments at both the University of Melbourne and the Centre for Eye Research Australia.
Under the routine supervision and direction of the VENTURE Study Coordinator, the incumbent will assist with:
- Maintenance of the VENTURE study database (currently hosted on REDCap software).
- Documentation of new referrals, including replies to referring doctors (using standardised templates).
- Growing the VENTURE database by engaging with clinicians, patient support groups and directly with participants.
You will bring your excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate complex information clearly both orally and in writing and have a demonstrated attention to detail and experience in data entry. You will posses a high level of organisation and time management skills with desirable experience with coordinating research and/or project management.
You will also have:
- Excellent attention to detail, and ability to adhere to written guidelines and study protocols
- Advanced computer literacy, including the ability to accurately enter data into database software programs and perform data cleaning and extraction
- Demonstrated ability to learn new techniques and procedures
Please note: To be considered for this role you must have current valid work rights for Australia.
About the University
The University of Melbourne is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of a vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements, generous personal, parental and cultural leave
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging and leave loading
- Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services including Myki cards and Qantas Club
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To find out more, visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits.
We value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community and encourage and celebrate diversity. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, females, people of all ages, with disabilities and culturally and linguistically diverse people are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the community in which we live.
If you feel this role is right for you, please apply with your CV and cover letter outlining your interest and experience. Please note that you are not required to provide responses against the selection criteria in the Position Description.
We are dedicated to ensuring barrier free and inclusive practices to recruit the most talented candidates. If you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Applications close: Day Month 2022 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time