Job no: 0056663
Location: Parkville, with a hybrid work arrangement
Role type: Full time, fixed term contract until February 2023
Department/School: Asialink Business, Chancellery International
Salary: UOM 7 - $98,402 - $106,519 p.a. plus 17% super
- Deliver excellence, enhance your career and draw on your learning program design expertise
- Gain exposure to a unique work culture within Asialink Business and Australia's leading University
- Support the design and delivery of high impact learning programs for Australian businesses
The University of Melbourne would like to acknowledge and pay respect to the Traditional Owners of the lands upon which our campuses are situated, the Wurundjeri and Boon Wurrung Peoples, the Yorta Yorta Nation, the Dja Dja Wurrung People. We acknowledge that the land on which we meet and learn was the place of age-old ceremonies, of celebration, initiation and renewal, and that the local Aboriginal Peoples have had and continue to have a unique role in the life of these lands.
About Asialink Business
Asialink Business is the National Centre for Asia Capability, established with a mandate from the Australian Government to create an Asia-capable workforce, the Asialink Business Academy is core to delivering this mandate. Asialink Business is part of Asialink, a department of the University of Melbourne under the portfolio of Chancellery International.
About the Role
You will work as part of a collaborative project team on the design and development of core programs for the Asialink Business Academy. The Asialink Business Academy project will establish a distinct, branded identity for a wide range of Asialink Business programs aimed at developing the fundamental capabilities for Australian businesses to do business in and with Asia. Your stakeholders may range from small to medium-sized businesses, government departments and large corporations so your ability to adapt your communication style to suit your stakeholders will set you up for success.
With existing content and frameworks in place, the Capability Development team will provide you with the guiding foundations to hit the ground running and bring the programs to life.
During this project, you will:
- Work with subject matter experts design and develop program learning journeys for face-to-face, virtual and hybrid delivery
- Develop detailed program materials including facilitator guides, learning materials, and participant materials
- Use digital design skills to create materials that engage participants and support their learning
As an innovator, you have a keen interest in leading design principles within the adult learning space through online, hybrid and in person delivery methods. With your positive attitude and understanding of adult learning design principles, you will bring a fresh, new perspective to put together cohesive and engaging learning programs. You will have excellent written communication skills and have a passion for producing learning programs and materials that both accelerate and simplify learning.
You will also have:
- A degree or diploma qualification with subsequent relevant work experience, preferably in adult training or education; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Excellent customer relationship and interpersonal skills, including the ability to liaise with a range of internal and external stakeholders to achieve successful outcomes
- Strong attention to detail with a commitment to continuous improvement, openness to new ideas and creative approaches to problem solving within established timelines
About the University
The University of Melbourne is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of a vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements, generous personal, parental and cultural leave
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging and leave loading
- Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services including Myki cards and Qantas Club
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To find out more, visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits.
We value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community and encourage and celebrate diversity. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, females, people of all ages, with disabilities and culturally and linguistically diverse people are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the community in which we live.
If you feel this role is right for you, please submit your application including a brief cover letter, your resume and your responses against the selection criteria^ (1, 2) below (also found in the Position Description):
- Applied learning design experience in the development of high-quality learning resources and experiences (for in-person, virtual and hybrid delivery)
- Demonstrated experience working with a range of digital technologies to support the delivery of facilitator led online (virtual) hybrid and onsite face to face programs
^For information to help you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria and competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
We are dedicated to ensuring barrier free and inclusive practices to recruit the most talented candidates. If you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Description: 0056663 Learning Programs Designer, PD.pdf
Applications close: 15 AUGUST 2022 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time