Job no: 0060592
Role type: Full-time; Continuing
Department: Operational Performance Group
Salary: UOM 9 – $134,320 - $139,749 p.a. plus 17% super
- Oversee end-to-end project management
- Gain exposure to diverse projects and drive positive change through the successful delivery of transformative projects
- Competitive salary package, subsidised health and wellbeing services, fitness and cultural clubs, Myki discounts, and a 25% discount on graduate courses to our staff and their immediate families
About the Role
This presents an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join our dynamic and supportive team. You will be responsible for end-to-end project management, including ideation, planning, execution, and delivery. The role requires a diverse skill set, including project management, collaborative leadership, stakeholder management, critical thinking, and problem-solving.
Using your creativity and vision, you will ensure that projects align with the goals and mission of the University. Collaborating across facilities and other professional teams, you will develop appropriate engagement strategies to manage projects and communicate effectively with stakeholders to ensure a shared understanding of project scope, objectives and deliverables to support successful project delivery.
Working out of OPG, you will connect across different business units and the enterprise to deliver impacts and lasting change. Your role ensures the successful execution of transformative projects aligned with the University's strategic agenda, driving positive change for the benefit of students, staff and the community. This role offers you the opportunity to play a core role in diverse and exciting projects which focus on operational improvement, business transformation and change. Join us and make a difference!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Apply diverse methodologies, such as traditional, agile, waterfall, or hybrid, to ensure that projects align with stakeholder needs, requirements, and organizational capacity.
- Working collaboratively and proactively across teams to develop integrated project scope and delivery plans to ensure quality outcomes and enhance project value, delivery, and likelihood of success.
- Developing and providing project communications to a wide range of stakeholders
- Applying excellent judgement and problem-solving skills to the Project, and ensure the effective execution of these skills within a complex project environment
Who We Are Looking For
We are in search of a professional project manager with a knack for problem-solving and effective stakeholder management and communication. Your role will involve translating stakeholder needs into clear project objectives, and ensuring alignment with our strategic goals. Your adaptability and confidence in navigating ambiguity will be key, coupled with a genuine passion for driving transformative change. Collaboration is essential, as is the ability to manage projects to time and budget and working independently across the organisation. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are also a must, as you'll be tasked with identifying potential risks and navigating through pathways promptly.
You will also have:
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage projects with a wide organisational impact
- Proven ability to deliver successful outcomes within a defined timeframe and budget
- Proactive approach to task and issue management
- Demonstrated understanding of contemporary project management approaches relevant to complex projects
- Previous experience using project management systems and tools, and experience working on strategic projects in the education sector is desirable.
For further information regarding responsibilities and requirements, please refer to the attached PD.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. This role requires current valid work rights for Australia.
Your New Team – The Operational Performance Group
The Operational Performance Group (OPG) is a centre of excellence in business transformation, driving improvements to operational efficiency, effectiveness and experiences across the University.
What We Offer You!
In addition, we offer the opportunity to be part of a vibrant community and enjoy a range of benefits, including generous leave provisions, salary packaging, health and well-being services and discounts on graduate courses. For more information, check out our benefits page!
About the University of Melbourne
We’re tightly connected with the community, both at home and abroad. We take pride in our people, who all contribute to our mission to benefit society through the transformative impact of education and research. Discover more via our website and stay connected with our stories and people on LinkedIn.
The University of Melbourne values the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community and welcomes and celebrates diversity. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, parents, carers, people of all ages, abilities and genders, and people of diverse ethnicity, nationality and faith are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. For more information please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page.
We are dedicated to ensuring barrier free and inclusive practices to recruit the most talented candidates. If you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact the email address listed at the bottom of the page.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants
We aspire to be the University of choice for Indigenous Australians, with unprecedented investment to attract, nurture and retain Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students and staff. Tangible support through a range of programs and initiatives will ensure that you personally succeed and flourish while at the University of Melbourne.
For further information, including our 2023-2027 Indigenous strategy please visit -https://about.unimelb.edu.au/reconciliation/murmuk-djerring
If you feel this role is right for you, please apply with the following documents:
- Cover Letter outlining your interest and experience
Please note that you are not required to respond to the selection criteria in the Position Description.
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please feel free to contact the Professional Talent Acquisition Team via email at Professional-TA@unimelb.edu.au