Job no: 0060611
Role type: Full-time; Continuing
Department: Business Services
Salary: Competitive remuneration structure plus 17% super
- Lead a high performing team to plan, build, support and optimize our Microsoft End User Computing environment.
- Salary range, 17% super, benefits, and a flexible hybrid work environment!
About the Role
Lead the Microsoft End User Computing strategy, roadmap, technical implementation and associated operational support to meet the needs of the University, its staff, and students.
Actively engage with project, operational and support staff to meet objectives by providing technical direction around the reliability, availability, security, scalability of Microsoft End User Computing Platforms.
Provide thought leadership, training, coaching and oversight of the Microsoft End User Computing team consisting of engineering specialists and operational support consultants as well as to extended Service Delivery teams.
Digital Workplace Services
The Microsoft End User Computing Lead reports into the Senior Manager of the Digital Workplace Services which sits within the Client Services cluster of Business Services and has a clear work grouping orientation towards strategic growth and transformation.
This broader team is responsible for the leadership and performance of digital workplace services as an integrated suite designed to enhance the digital dexterity of the University's staff and students.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Optimise supported services, practices and processes associated with Microsoft endpoint management platforms efficiency, security, capacity, scalability, and availability to realise high levels of client satisfaction.
- Lead the software/application deployment strategy for Windows devices across the university.
- Ensure that the SCCM software library and Intune Company Portal is maintained with software patched, updated, or removed accordingly.
- Maintain images made available to the deployment team through SCCM Task Sequence.
- Ownership of the Windows and software licensing servers, Window Updates on all managed devices and Windows image delivery for digital exams.
Who we are looking for
You are passionate about Microsoft Endpoint Management and the productivity outcomes this technology stack drives.
You will ideally have:
- Extensive experience implementing and supporting Microsoft End User Computing technologies including Intune, SCCM, and Autopilot.
- Advanced experience with application packaging and deployment: MSI, Win32, LOB, MSIX.
- Advanced experience with Active Directory/Azure AD: Manage devices identity, users, & groups.
- Advanced experience with device group policies and configuration profiles: Create and maintain group policies and configuration profiles through Active Directory and Intune.
- Extensive experience ensuring device compliance with latest Windows security updates.
- Experience leading teams, workloads and projects following Agile methodologies.
- Experience across; ITIL Service Lifecycle, Stakeholder Management, Strategy, Planning, Road Maps, Leadership and Mentoring, Vendor Management.
You will also have:
- Post graduate qualifications in a relevant IT discipline and or equivalent mix of education and relevant experience.
- Advanced industry-based certification and/or demonstrated working knowledge relevant to the Microsoft End User Computing technical domains.
- A qualification in ITIL and/or previous experience using ITIL at a practical level.
- Strong breadth of experience in a technology services group within a large complex organization and multi-sourced services environment.
For further information regarding responsibilities and requirements please refer to the attached PD.
This role requires current valid work rights for Australia.
Your new team – Business Services
Business Services provides a full range of class leading services to all operating entities of the University and comprises thirteen teams supporting the University community.
What we offer you!
In addition, we offer the opportunity to be part of a vibrant community and enjoy a range of benefits including generous leave provisions, salary packaging, health and well-being services, and discounts on graduate courses. For more information check out our benefits page!
The University of Melbourne
We’re tightly connected with the community, both at home and abroad. We take pride in our people, who all contribute to our mission to benefit society through the transformative impact of education and research. Discover more via our website and stay connected with our stories and people on LinkedIn.
The University of Melbourne values the unique backgrounds, experiences, and contributions that each person brings to our community and welcomes and celebrates diversity. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, parents, carers, people of all ages, abilities, and genders, and people of diverse ethnicity, nationality, and faith are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. For more information please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page.
We are dedicated to ensuring barrier-free and inclusive practices to recruit the most talented candidates. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process, please contact the email address listed at the bottom of the page.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants
We aspire to be the University of choice for Indigenous Australians, with unprecedented investment to attract, nurture, and retain Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students and staff. Tangible support through a range of programs and initiatives will ensure that you personally succeed and flourish while at the University of Melbourne.
For further information, including our 2023-2027 Indigenous strategy please visit -https://about.unimelb.edu.au/reconciliation/murmuk-djerring
If you feel this role is right for you, please apply with the following documents:
- Cover Letter outlining your interest and experience
Please note that you are not required to respond to the selection criteria in the Position Description.
Kindly note that this position has been re-advertised, and we kindly request that previous applicants refrain from submitting additional applications. Your attention to this matter is appreciated.
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please feel free to contact the Professional Talent Acquisition Team via email at Professional-TA@unimelb.edu.au, ensuring that you include the Position Number and the Job Title as the subject. Please do not share your application with this email address.