Job no: 0061075
Role type: Full-time, Continuing
Faculty: Engineering and Information Technology
Salary: UOM 7 - $102,338 - $110,780 p.a plus 17% super
- Support the efficient functioning of the graduate research portfolio in the Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology (FEIT), with a focus on industry engagement and enhancing the graduate research experience.
- Facilitate industry partnerships and provide high-quality advice to supervisors and industry hosts, enhancing the professional development and global mobility opportunities for graduate researchers
- Salary packaging, subsidised health and wellbeing services, fitness and cultural clubs, Myki discounts, and a 25% discount on graduate courses to our staff and their immediate families!
About the Role
The Senior Graduate Research Coordinator at FEIT is a key player in implementing the dynamic FEIT2025 strategy, enhancing the graduate research experience through industry engagement, global mobility, and innovative projects. Focused on industry engagement and optimizing the graduate research experience, this position will report to Angela Todorovski, Manager - Graduate Research, and collaborate with academic staff and industry partners to provide expert advice, support the development of enrichment programs, and oversee the annual graduate research showcase event.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop and maintain processes for industry engagement in compliance with University policies.
- Provide exceptional advice on diverse funding opportunities for graduate research industry engagement.
- Ensure high data integrity for government submissions (e.g., HERDC).
- Collaboratively support Graduate Research students throughout candidature aligned with FEIT2025 strategy.
Who We Are Looking For
You will have excellent organisational skills, demonstrating the ability to prioritise tasks, plan, and project manage activities effectively within tight deadlines. Moreover, you will exhibit strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills, with experience in creating and delivering presentations and preparing reports.
You will also have:
- A tertiary degree or extensive experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Excellent at prioritising, planning, and project managing within tight deadlines.
- Proficient in interpersonal, written, and oral communication, including presentations and reports
- Skilled in flexible teamwork and autonomous task handling.
For further information regarding responsibilities and requirements, please refer to the attached PD.
This position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid Working with Children Check to ensure the University provides a safe environment for everyone.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. This role requires current valid work rights for Australia.
Your New Team – Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology (FEIT)
With a rich history spanning over 150 years, the Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology (FEIT) is a premier Australian institution, leading in engineering and IT education and research. Rooted in a commitment to global excellence and societal betterment, FEIT, organized into key areas like Computing and Information Systems, Chemical and Biomedical Engineering, and Electrical, Mechanical, and Infrastructure Engineering, remains a dynamic global leader addressing significant challenges and actively shaping the future through knowledge creation and innovation.
What We Offer You!
In addition, we offer the opportunity to be part of a vibrant community and enjoy a range of benefits, including generous leave provisions, salary packaging, health and well-being services and discounts on graduate courses. For more information, check out our benefits page!
About the University of Melbourne
We’re tightly connected with the community, both at home and abroad. We take pride in our people, who all contribute to our mission to benefit society through the transformative impact of education and research. Discover more via our website and stay connected with our stories and people on LinkedIn.
The University of Melbourne values the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community and welcomes and celebrates diversity. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, parents, carers, people of all ages, abilities and genders, and people of diverse ethnicity, nationality and faith are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. For more information please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page.
We are dedicated to ensuring barrier free and inclusive practices to recruit the most talented candidates. If you require reasonable adjustments, please contact Kim Groizard at email@example.com, with an email containing your name and contact details for a confidential discussion. Please ensure your email is titled "Reasonable Adjustments Request".
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants
We aspire to be the University of choice for Indigenous Australians, with unprecedented investment to attract, nurture and retain Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students and staff. Tangible support through a range of programs and initiatives will ensure that you personally succeed and flourish while at the University of Melbourne.
For further information, including our 2023-2027 Indigenous strategy please visit -https://about.unimelb.edu.au/reconciliation/murmuk-djerring
If you feel this role is right for you, please apply with the following documents:
- Cover Letter outlining your interest and experience
- The responses against the Selection Criteria^ (found in the Position Description)
^For information to help you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria and competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please feel free to contact Fahim Farzad via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, ensuring that you include the Position Number and the Job Title as the subject. Please do not share your application to this email address.
If you have any particular questions regarding the job please follow the details listed on the Position Description.